Building a Creative Livelihood

PART RESUME * PART PROPOSAL * LET'S GET TO WORK!



Wednesday, June 9, 2010

#6 Wine Vendor


My intro to viticulture was in 2005 when, as the grant-writer at the Arts Center of Coastal Carolina (Hilton Head Island, USA), I was drafted as part of the team to organize the Wine Auction & Celebration, a huge fundraiser based on the business of Bacchus. Knowing very little about the fluid temptation, I was pulled in to write the catalog for all the lots...all the wine...all the vintages. Needless to say, after a full day's work, a glass of wine was quite the reward!
WHY YOU WANT ME ON THE TEAM!
  • If I can sell wine lots as part of a fundraising wine auction (through lot descriptions, organization, and display), I can surely sell it to likely clients (restaurants, hotels, lounges).
  • I've got a keen taste for these things
  • I lived in Italy for a year

Some ideas to sharpen the skills that I'll need:

  • Stay on top of who is hiring in California
  • Become familiar with Canadian vintners
  • Attend more wine festivals
If you'd like to collaborate, drop me a line!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers