My intro to viticulture was in 2005 when, as the grant-writer at the Arts Center of Coastal Carolina (Hilton Head Island, USA), I was drafted as part of the team to organize the Wine Auction & Celebration, a huge fundraiser based on the business of Bacchus. Knowing very little about the fluid temptation, I was pulled in to write the catalog for all the lots...all the wine...all the vintages. Needless to say, after a full day's work, a glass of wine was quite the reward!
WHY YOU WANT ME ON THE TEAM!
- If I can sell wine lots as part of a fundraising wine auction (through lot descriptions, organization, and display), I can surely sell it to likely clients (restaurants, hotels, lounges).
- I've got a keen taste for these things
- I lived in Italy for a year
Some ideas to sharpen the skills that I'll need:
- Stay on top of who is hiring in California
- Become familiar with Canadian vintners
- Attend more wine festivals
If you'd like to collaborate, drop me a line!