Building a Creative Livelihood

PART RESUME * PART PROPOSAL * LET'S GET TO WORK!



Thursday, June 10, 2010

#8 Greeting Card Writer

When I go into Hallmark, I get so involved in selecting the right card, with the right image and the right message. I've noticed, though, that there isn't a terribly large selection of cards (more than once, I've received the same card from different people on birthdays, graduations, etc.). I haven't seen the statistics behind whether the greeting card business is a dying industry or not, but even if it is, maybe partering with a brilliant illustrator could be an idea to get some card out of the door (and selling!)

WHY YOU WANT ME ON THE TEAM!
  • My correspondence, on any occasion, is adequate, suitable, and tactful
  • I've written quite a lot of poetry in my day
  • I'm an emotional extrovert

Some ideas to sharpen the skills that I'll need:

  • Find an illustrator
  • Find some local stores that sell cutesy things like this
  • Review my journals

If you'd like to collaborate, drop me a line!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers